Thursday, 9 November 2017

My IBM Champion Nominations for IBM Collaboration Solutions - Only a Few Days Left!


This week is the final week to nominate, among others, an IBM Champion for IBM Collaboration Solutions (ICS). In this blog post I will not give a complete summary of my IBM Champion nominations but only of those who have made, in my opinion, a 'significant contribution' to the community during the past year.
As I mentioned in my previous blog post, Become an IBM Champion - My Thoughts And Considerations, it was not as easy as the last few years.

This year I looked and interpreted the terms to become an IBM Champion slightly different than over the past few years. I mainly reviewed the contributions to the community this year from the point of quality and not only on quantity or visibility. Significant contributions can, in my humble opinion, consist of a relatively small amount of 'visible' contributions which, however, exceeds the rest based on quality. Partly based on this new look and interpretation I nominated this year as a new ICS Champion Cameron Gregor for his high quality contributions to the community like the Swiper Official Version 2 Release and the BuildXPages Deployment Automation Tools – v1.0.0 among his other great blog posts and contributions. There were several high quality contributions this year within the ICS community. As a final example I nominated John Jardin for his outstanding Istio blog series on Beelding Code in addition to his other contributions to the IBM Notes Domino and XPages community. So, in my opinion, if I am as objective as possible looking back on the past year, the following people were this years greatest influencers regarding IBM Social Business - Collaboration Solutions.


My IBM Champion Nominations for IBM Collaboration Solutions (ICS).

Oliver Busse Paul Withers Frank van der Linden
Matteo Bisi John Jardin Cameron Gregor

Hopefully this blog post gives some inspiration to submit a IBM Champion nomination if you have not already done so. Why, because they deserve it!
So take the opportunity to nominate an influencer of IBM Social Business now. Nominations for the 2018 IBM Champion program will be accepted through November 13th.
Say thank you, like I did, and Nominate an IBM Champion!
If you need information about someone you want to nominate then take a look at his or her LinkedIn profile. Concerning the nomination form, just fill in what you know and submit the form!


The IBM Champion program recognizes innovative thought leaders in the technical community -- and rewards these contributors by amplifying their voice and increasing their sphere of influence. An IBM Champion is an IT professional, business leader, developer, or educator who influences and mentors others to help them make best use of IBM software, solutions, and services.

If you think that you would like to be nominated as IBM Champion please contact me. Let me know what you contributed to the community last year and I will fill out a nomination form.

Nominate an IBM Champion : IBM Champion Program
Nomination Form IBM Champion : Nominate an IBM Champion
More information about the IBM Champion Program: IBM developerWorks - Champions

No comments:

Post a Comment